The debate over the CIA’s interrogation and detention program became very graphic Tuesday with the release of a Senate report.
After reviewing more than 6.2 million documents, Senate investigators went into detail on some of the specific things done to detainees under the program, which critics say amounted to torture.
Not every method was used regularly and some may have been used only once. But here’s a running list of the methods outlined in the report:
- Forcibly shaving a detainee (p. 72)
- Waterboarding one detainee more than 183 times (pg. 85)
- Pureeing a detainee’s lunch tray of hummus, pasta, nuts and raisins and putting it in his rectum (pg. 100)
- Forcing detainees to stand on broken feet (pg. 101)
- Forcing a detainee to wear a diaper with no access to a bathroom (pg. 53)
- Playing loud music 24 hours a day (pg. 53)
- Handcuffing a detainee to the ceiling for…
View original post 172 more words